A week or so ago I overheard a conversation between Chris and Callie about day and night and the sun (yes, I was spying on bed time through the new video monitor...it was adorable). Chris explained how the earth rotated around the sun and that different parts of the earth were light and dark at different times of the day.
Since then, pretty much daily (if not multiple times a day), she identifies whether or not it is day or night and what that means for the rest of the world.
Noticing that it is dark out.
Callie: Mom! It is dark out! The sun is at the other world!
Me: Yes, you're right! The sun is now in the southern hemisphere! That's the other part of the world.
The same type of conversation happens when it is light out. I'm still waiting for her to bust out the "hemisphere" word, but it shouldn't be too long.
Three-year-old brains are awesome sponges.
No comments:
Post a Comment