Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Last week was stressful.  The honeymoon is over at work, which means that kids and/or teachers start freaking out.  So between managing kids AND teachers, I was stressed.

Anyway, luckily for me, our weekend was just what I needed.  It started with meeting my friend Libby for happy hour right after work on Friday and then falling asleep on the couch hanging out with Chris.

Saturday
Chris played in a golf tournament, so Callie and I had a fantastic morning hanging out.  Just the two of us.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  We started out bright and early (8:00 or so) by doing a 5 mile stroller run/walk to Highland.  We stopped by Caribou for a treat and then headed to the park.

Caribou's toy area...we love it!

"I'll catch you, Mommy!"

Cheeeeeese!


This girl could swing for hours

Then later we did a little shopping, had lunch, and even a frozen yogurt treat!





Before nap time, Callie really wanted to make a silly faces video.  So we did.  She has since watched it a million times and laughs at herself every single time.  It is pretty awesome.


After Chris got home, we headed out to our friends Bill and Donna's new house for a housewarming party.  Callie L-O-V-E-D their little dachshund, Wesley. He was so cute, and reminded me so much of Hugo Percy.  Except he wasn't paralyzed.  And didn't have a cart.  And didn't bite.  But otherwise, he was the same adorable little weiner dog (we miss you, HP).



Sunday
This morning we had Sunday School!  Chris and I were the teachers along with Jenna and Andy.  We had about 15 (or so) 2-year-olds in our care for an hour.  There were a few other parents that hung out too, and we had a great time.  But holy cow lots of little people.  Callie had a great time, once again, and I know she'll continue to love it as time goes on.  After Sunday School, while Chris took Callie to lunch and then home, I went to church with my fam and then out to brunch.  It had been a long time since just the 5 of us spent time together like that.  It was great. :)

After nap time we headed to G-ma and G-pa's house for a bit.  Cal had fun watering G-ma's...er...fountain.




Tonight we got out my guitar and did some serious rocking out. We had the following conversation:

Me: Okay, what do you want to sing?  Twinkle Twinkle?  Jesus Loves Me? ABCs?
Callie: Um...Call Me, Maybe!

So apparently we need to quit that song.

Anyway, I steered her away from it (though I'll admit I tried for 30 seconds to try and figure it out), and we went with a rockin' version of the ABCs.


And, since Chris went golfing with my dad, at about 6:20 I deemed tonight MOVIE NIGHT.  The excitement over watching the Carebears Movie for the 43rd time was unparalleled.

In unrelated news, I'm now up to 30 miles for my Cincuenta September goal.  Right on track!

Happy National Wife Appreciation Day!  My husband said he appreciates the fact that I "let him" play golf tonight.  I'm sure he also appreciated his wife when I "recommended" that he pick up the dog poop in the yard before said golf trip.

Have a great week!

1 comment: