Thursday, September 20, 2012

Karma QOTD: Part II

I'm getting the feeling that this parenting thing is going to be full of karma-like situations.

Part II of the what-goes-around-comes-around-QOTD has a longer history to it, one that my parents like to remind me of fairly frequently.  Or at least whenever my child has a snotty-type cold.

But this is like karma except the complete opposite.

Confused?  Read on.

This QOTD is in two parts.  The first happened numerous times between, say, 1985 and 2006.

Years ago hanging out with my family.  I have a cold.
Me: *sniff*...**SNIFF**...***SNIFFFFFFFFFFFF***... *sniff*... ***SNIFFFFFFFFFFF***
Mom or Dad or Laura or Mari: BLOW YOUR NOSE!!!
Me: I tried! Nothing comes out!

***Approximately 37 seconds later***

Me: *sniff*...**SNIFF**...***SNIFFFFFFFFFFFF***... *sniff*... ***SNIFFFFFFFFFFF***
Mom or Dad or Laura or Mari: BLOW YOUR NOSE!!!
Me: I tried! Nothing comes out!

**And so on...**

I still stand by my "Nothing comes out" statement.  Nothing EVER came out.  No one believed me.

____________________________________________________

Currently hanging out with Callie.  She has a cold.
Callie: (nose NONSTOP running) OWIE-OWIE-OWIE MY NOSE MY NOSE MY NOSE!
Me: (sigh, get out the Boogie Wipe, wipe her nose).

***Approximately 37 seconds later***

Callie: (nose NONSTOP running for what feels like will be eternity) OWIE-OWIE-OWIE MY NOSE MY NOSE MY NOSE!
Me: (sigh, get out the Boogie Wipe, wipe her nose).

**And so on...**

The amount of snot that actually DOES come out of our toddler's nose is ASTOUNDING.  Spend 37 seconds with her and you WILL believe me.

____________________________________________________

See?  The complete opposite situation, and yet, still karma.

I stayed home with her today.  We managed to have some fun in between an obscene amount of nose wipes.

Spreading the germs love at MOA

Oh, hey Dora!

Awake from a 2-hour nap that had to be done in the zebra jammies

By 5:30 we all needed some fresh air

No comments:

Post a Comment