Tuesday, September 4, 2012

QOTD: All about Birthdays and Ages

We ran into Callie's pal Ciri at Target this evening.  She just happens to be 4-years-old today, so Callie got to wish her happy birthday (well, actually, she just stared at her and smiled while Chris and I did the actual birthday greeting).  Later in the car we had the following conversation.

Callie: It is Ciri's birthday today!
Me: Yep.  She is four.
Callie: I'm two today, but it isn't my birthday.
Me: Nope.  Your birthday is in December.  Right before Christmas.
Callie: (pausing to think for a second) But I DON'T want to see Santa!

*Sigh* This camera-wielding mom is going to be sad, come the holidays, when her almost-three-year-old refuses the Santa trip.

Anyway...here's another one.  Many times in the past few weeks, when negotiating having or doing a number of something, we get the same response.

Us: You can pick out ONE book. --OR-- I'll  give you THREE goldfish.
Callie: (holding up two fingers) But I'm TWO!!!

It is particularly difficult to reason with that logic, especially when only offering her ONE of something. So then:

Us: It is ONE or NONE.
Callie: (every. single. time.) NONE!
Us: You don't want any?
Callie: Okay. One!

We win! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment