Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mission Cincuenta September: Accomplished

On September 2nd, I set a goal for myself that I titled Cincuenta September.

I decided I would run or walk 50 miles in September.

I made myself a chart.

And September chugged on and was a hard month in a few different ways.

But I stuck to my guns and today, the last day of the month, I met my goal.

I took my toddler on the last two miles of my journey to help me along.  There is nothing more motivating up a big hill than hearing a little voice say "Go, Mommy!  Go!"


GOAL MET
And my iPod seemed to know the significance of my last run, because it ended the run by playing my all-time best-most-favorite running song: Glee's version of Katy Perry's FIREWORK.

The chorus goes like this:

"You just gotta ignite the light, and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colours burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe"

It got my butt up that last hill and home to put the final sticker on my chart.

I did it!
Thanks for all the support and encouragement!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment