Blog Post By Chris:
I started my lunch buddy volunteering at Kati's school today. For those of you who do not know, the program is a weekly volunteer job where you have lunch and go to recess with the same kid every week. For the past few years I have had the same lunch buddy, Arnold. At the end of last year I got to the point where it was not fun anymore to be Arnold's lunch buddy so this year I chose to sign up for a different buddy. Kati suggested another one of her students, Alejandro, who is in 3rd grade, and is still a bit of a handful but at least he talks and asks questions. Today at lunch it was really loud and Alejandro is a very quiet talker so I had a hard time hearing what he was asking me. I had to have him repeat what he said multiple times, and if asking the same question over the 15 minute lunch period wasn't enough, having him repeat himself felt like he asked me the same question 50 times. I think I had to tell him my favorite color at least 10 times.
Anyway, I think one of the first topics that we ended up talking about was him asking if I had any kids. I proceeded to tell him that I did not have any kids, yet. He knew that I was Mrs. Gosselin's husband, but could not connect the dots. So when I asked him if he knew that Mrs. Gosselin was pregnant he answered very enthusiastically YES. Then a confused look came over his face and he looked at me very serious and said "Who told you that she is pregnant"?, implying that someone must have told me. Many answers ran through my head on what to say. Uh maybe because I did that to her? But we were in a school and there are rules for lunch buddies, so I told him that I was going to be the dad, and reminded him that Mrs. Gosselin and I are married. I am not sure if he entirely got what I was telling him, so I am sure the rest of the year should be pretty interesting. Luckily the conversation quickly moved onto what our favorite food is.
No comments:
Post a Comment