Friday, October 9, 2009

Butternut Squash

Blog Post by Kati:

Week 29 Info:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
Well I do know about butternut squash as one of my favorite Lean Cuisine meals is butternut squash ravioli! :)

Anyway, happy Friday! The week has flown by and I'm exhausted. I fell asleep on our big chair before 9 the past 2 nights...and have slept really hard. I wake up 4 or 5 times a night to switch positions (somehow I always end up on my back when I want to be on my side). I've also been told that I now snore when I'm on my back so Chris turns me over as well. :)

Kona has been extra cuddly this week. I wonder if she has some doggie premonition about what is going to be happening in her world soon. She's so cute!

We had Chinese food last night and Baby Goose was going crazy when I was trying to go to sleep. Little kicks and jabs all over the place!

We have signed up for a birthing class. All day long on November 7th at Abbott. At that time we'll also be able to tour the birthing facilities. I'm excited for that and totally nervous because I know that will make everything even more real that it already feels now.

We have a doctor's appointment this morning and a wedding this evening. Otherwise it should be a fairly calm weekend. And next Thursday we head to Chicago! Can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment