We have had a busy couple of days with lots of fun, sass, meltdowns, and laughter!
The girls opened a couple presents from us yesterday morning in an effort to spread things out a bit. Luna helped too.
Then we headed to Boom’s house for the day. There was lunch and playing and cookies and presents and lots of cute baby Lucy smiles!
When we got home last night we did a lot of playing with Luna, and some hair experimenting with Callie. Her hair is getting so long that I can do fun things with it!
Laura and I went to see Boom play the handbells at church last night. And when I got back, it was time to become Santa!
That finished off our elves' visits for the year. Here is what they were up to earlier this week:
I’m going to have to up my game next year, as Callie commented, “Man, the elves were really easy to find this year!” Oops.
Anyway, this morning was freezing, but nevertheless I persisted in getting Luna out for a walk.
Nothing says Merry Christmas like being outside when it is 2 degrees with a crazy boxer.
Callie woke up a good half hour before Maya this morning, but eventually they were both awake and excited about Santa and more presents. Uffda.
Then we headed to G-ma and Pa’s for another round of yummy food and playing and presents and laughter!
I have to share a picture of me- and my Christmas gift from Mari- perfect for pajama day on Christmas morning.
She also gave me a wine glass with a boxer face on it. Had it not been noon, I probably would have had that glass filled in the picture as well. Also, photo credit goes to Maya! She loves taking pictures.
Anyway, so you think we would be all Christmas-ed out by now? Nope! We still had one more stop: back to Boom’s house for Christmas with the Johnsons and Suurmeyers!

At one point the girls had my phone and started going around taking pictures. Hilarious!
At one point the girls had my phone and started going around taking pictures. Hilarious!
Boom gave Callie, Maya and Lucy matching jammies, and of course we HAD to get an adorable cousins picture!
These holidays are filled with so much joy, but also very bittersweet as we remember my dad. There were moments that I felt him strongly- at church holding the candle during silent night, and in the car on the way home hearing "Silver Bells," which he would play on the piano every year.
I'm also very grateful to be at a point where the joy outweighs the grief. And the light totally overpowers the dark. I honestly don't even remember Christmas 2 years ago.
Timehop these days is beautiful and brutal. There are so many teeny tiny baby Callie pictures. And then one pops up like this.
This picture is from our first Christmas with Callie. Dad was a man of few words, but you can just see his focus on her. There is pride there, and love.
And also gratitude.
Merry Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment