Sunday, December 20, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

Happy Sunday!

How strange for it to be a non-working Monday tomorrow, Callie's birthday on Tuesday, and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day later in the week.

I'll be honest in that I'm not doing the greatest job of holding it together.  But I am able to when it counts the most, so that is all that matters.  I am thankful that I have the girls to focus on and memories to make for them, but also exhausted by the effort it takes sometimes to keep up with the holiday cheer.

I anticipate this week will be the same, except crazier.  So wish me luck! :)

This was a LOVELY weekend.  Yesterday I met friends for a delicious brunch, while my mom hung out with the girls.  And I took in some sunrays in the morning.


Today our big outing was a Gosselin family get-together at Karen and Gus' place.  It was so fun to see cousins and their kids who we haven't seen for awhile.  There was lots of tickling and wrestling and craziness with lots of little ones around.


There were 5 out of Nana and Papa's 13 (I think it is 13...?) great-grand kids there, so of course we got a couch picture.

Callie (almost 6), Carter (almost 1), Piperlee (2), Maya (2), Eliana (almost 3)
And, as usual with little kids, they started out great for all the picture taking, and then it got...hilarious. A harmonica even made an appearance.  And Callie got tackled by Carter.


Gus' daughter, Violeta, brought up all of her old stuffed animals and let the kids choose one to bring home.  Callie and Maya both chose to bring home a tiger.  They were so excited!  Later on in the evening, a cigar roller came to do a demonstration of how to roll cigars. So cool!


Thanks to Karen and Gus for a wonderful evening!

I'll leave you with Coo-Koo and Loony and their crazy antics from this week:


My favorite one from this week was Coo-Koo and Loony getting my coffee cup ready to go on Saturday morning with a mug that says "What is a WEEKEND?"  Because that is often how I feel with two young crazy children ordering me around for 48 hours straight every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment