Tuesday, December 22, 2015

SIX-YEARS-OLD!!!!

Like I posted on Facebook and Instagram this morning:

From zero to six in the blink of an eye...


This girl is smart, sassy, silly, sweet, and SIX.

We had a fun day today...doing normal things with an extra dose of birthday sparkle.

She got to open her presents from us this morning (after seeing what Coo-Koo and Loony brought her).


Then the girls and I went to Ediborough had had a blast playing and climbing.



And there was snack time, of course. Goofy girls!


We had a quiet afternoon, getting ready for our family party and watching a movie.

You may notice another empty space in her mouth!  That happened earlier this week. 

And we put the finishing touches on the "Frozen Cake" that we started making yesterday.


I can't really explain what a roller coaster this day has been.  Not even a roller coaster, but a total confusing paradox of competing feelings.  I don't even know if that makes sense.

There was so much joy in our house tonight.  With our families there.  And yet, I felt terrible sadness because of missing my dad.  It is such a baffling feeling, but another reminder that so much light can exist in the midst of darkness.

So on to this rocking party I am speaking of.

The girls waited so very patiently for people to start showing up (party hats and all).



The first thing that had to be done was...OPEN PRESENTS!  Of course.


Once that was done, we ate dinner and had cake.


And then, the party game.  She had wanted to find a "Pin the Mermaid Tail on Ariel", but we had to settle for "Put the Shell in Ariel's Hand."  Callie selected 8 players to be blindfolded and spun around before trying to place their shell in Ariel's hand (though Uncle Craig decided to try and stick the shell on Callie instead!).

Guess who won?


This girl.  I don't know what to tell you.  I just can't believe she is 6.  And that she is ours.


Happy Birthday to my sweet, sassy six-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment