Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm going to need a little grace for the next couple weeks. This is the big week of job transition and I'm freaking out. In a good way, but still freaking out.  So if my blog posts or short or less than inspired, you'll know why.

Gah. Change is hard even if it is good change.

Anyway...the big event from the weekend was another bridal shower and bachelorette party for Laura yesterday! This time Mari, myself and Laura's friend Kelsey were the party planners and hostesses.

The shower was at the party room in Laura's condo with 14 lovely ladies, and the bachelorette party later that evening was a cooking/dinner/wine/beer party at a local cooking store/school. We had a great time at both events!

The Future Mrs. Lindsey

Laura with all her ladies

It was an Asian food Fiesta!
 
The other focus of the weekend was making two little flower girl dresses.  I have spent a lot of time online looking for cute little matching dresses, but couldn't find anything that would work.  So I asked G-ma what she thought about making the dresses, and she was graciously on board with the idea...knowing full well that most of the heavy work would be on her plate.  Thanks G-ma!!!!!! 

We found the pattern and fabric a few weeks ago, and were able to start the dress making this weekend.  I did a lot of cutting and pinning and G-ma did the brainstorming and sewing.  The dresses are going to be unbelievably adorable...I can't wait to see the girls walk down the aisle in them (assuming that they actually make it down the aisle...that's a whole other thing to worry about).

The bridesmaids' dresses are that greenish color.  The guys
are all going to be wearing gray.  The girls' dresses are going to
fit right in!
Because of the parties and sewing I wasn't around a lot this weekend, but we did fit in some snuggle time this morning as well as lunch with Miss Maya.  We also broke down and got a sit-n-stand stroller so that Cal has a sitting option when we need the stroller...


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment