Thursday, February 12, 2015

TBT

I had a very different and BRAVE throwback planned for today, but my computer has decided it does not want to cooperate or let me upload any videos.

But I will say this, the video had something to do with my old songbook that I found on Tuesday night when I pulled out my guitar.

I started writing songs in the summer of 1999...when I was a mere 17-years-old.  And let me tell you, they were some real winners like "Ode to Vegetarianism."


I don't know how that didn't become a #1 hit.

But after skipping through all the ridiculous songs I wrote in high school, I came across one I wrote my senior year of college.  I was living at home because I was student teaching (a major life change), and my sister Laura had just gone off to college (a major life change).

The song was untitled in my notebook, but I can only imagined I titled it "Change."


So I grabbed my guitar and played it.  It came back easily, as did the angsty teenage/young adult feelings.

Even my 21-year-old self had a pretty good idea about how to cope with change when major life events happen.

Speaking of major life events, my throwback picture this week is wedding shower related.


And speaking of another major life event, my job change happened today and my first day at the new school went great.  I'm anxious to get into the new routine and for life to be (a new) normal again.

Thanks for all your thoughts, messages, prayers, and positive vibes.  I have felt the love this week and really appreciate it.

If I can get my computer to not explode, I promise to share my video of the song "Change" sometime soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment