Hello! I'm back in the good ole MN. This has been a crazy week so let me catch you up on it.
 |
Monday: Crazy Day Maya at Boom's house... Callie at Preschool... Kati and Chris both stressed at work... All we could do was have a family cuddle once we
were all back home. |
I'm not sure what happened on Tuesday, but I have no pictures. The girls were home with Chris all day and I have absolutely no idea what we did that night. Like NO idea. If I had to guess, I'd say we played, ate dinner, and went to bed. Exciting stuff.
 |
Wednesday: Wacky day at preschool for Callie. She was wacky.
Maya hung out with Pa. |
 |
| Then we had a snuggle sesh. It was great. |
 |
Then Callie stole my phone and took 39 selfies. Nine are pictured above.
As you can see, her nose is still a major boogie factory. |
 |
On Wednesday night Mari and Josh came over so Chris and I could go on a real date.
We went to Chino Latino (DELICIOUS) and enjoyed a great meal together.
And the fortune was pretty hilarious seeing as I was heading to the airport the next day. |
 |
Thursday morning: Travel day The girls both seemed to know what was going on.
Maya wouldn't let me put her down all morning, and Callie packed her bags to come with. |
 |
| But they had a fun day with G-ma at the nature center. |
I headed out to L.A. on a 4:15pm flight on Thursday with 10 other members of our leadership team. We stayed at the super posh L.A. Live Marriot and were treated very well. My room had a great view of the Staples Center where the Lakers and Clippers play.
 |
Top row: View during the day/night
Bottom row: Walking around the hotel |
We had 2 full days going to conference sessions that were (mostly) good, and were able to enjoy a little sunshine inbetween sessions. And since we were still on MN time, we were out at the pool enjoying the sun at 7:30am before the conference even started. The sunshine was AMAZING.
 |
The top and 2nd row side pics were sunshine by the pool at 7:30am.
The middle picture is me during lunch one day getting sunshine from the hotel room
since I forgot to bring sunscreen. Direct 12:00 CA sun would not have been good for
my fair MN skin.
The bottom picture is 9 out of the 11 fabulous coworkers I traveled with. |
On Friday night we took a cab to Santa Monica. We ate at a really fun sports bar a few blocks from the pier, and then walked around the pier, walked on the beach, and went on the ferris wheel. The sun goes down pretty early there, so we did all of that in the dark.
 |
| Walking on the beach, Santa Monica Pier, and on the ferris wheel. |
But by mid-day Saturday I was REALLY REALLY REALLY missing home. I kept getting pictures throughout the couple days, which helped...
 |
| Hanging out with Boom, G-ma and G-pa, Charlie and Mabel, and at home. |
...but I couldn't wait to get back on the plane early this morning and head home. I got the window seat, and took pictures periodically as we were flying.
 |
| Traveling from West to Midwest: Ocean, Mountains, Farms, Snow. |
When we landed I texted Chris that I would be home soon, but much to my surprise and delight, he and the girls were waiting for me at the airport.
 |
| SO happy to snuggle these two! And Callie was a big helper with my luggage. |
So it was a good trip, but I'm so happy to be home. Chris was a rock star, and a big thanks to family and friends for being a support to them when I was gone.
 |
| There's no place like home! |
No comments:
Post a Comment