I'm going to talk a little bit about movies.
Chris often teases me about the fact that I didn't grow up watching "cool 80s classics" like he did. But Labryinth...seriously? David Bowie dancing around in tights? Watching that movie as an adult made me think I wasn't missing much.
I grew up watching musicals. My favorites being Hello Dolly, with Barbara Streisand, Bye Bye Birdie, with Ann Margaret, and of course, The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews. There was also Oklahoma, State Fair, Annie, Mary Poppins, My Fair Lady, The King and I, Guys and Dolls, Oliver, The Wizard of Oz, Cinderella, and more.
We also went to see musicals at the theater. We saw shows like Phantom of the Opera, The Lion King, 42nd Street, Les Miserables, Wicked, and many more I'm sure I'm forgetting.
Now that Callie is getting older, I'm getting excited to share my love of musicals with her. A few times a week before she falls asleep, we sing "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. The other day NBC showed a live TV version of that musical. It wasn't the greatest acting (painful at times, actually), but the music was still wonderful. I showed Callie a few of the musical numbers and she loved them. She wanted to dance how they were dancing and asked to watch them over again.
And somehow, after we were done watching, I convinced her to sing "My Favorite Things" for me while I filmed her. So now you can all enjoy the cuteness of a preschooler singing a fairly complicated song from one of my favorite musicals and pretty much nailing it with just a little bit of help. You're welcome.
IMG 8458 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.
I especially enjoy how she says "schnitzel."
No comments:
Post a Comment