Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: The St. Patty's Day Edition

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  We all wore green today, but I didn't get a good picture.  So I'll just link to Callie's first St. Patty's day because this St. Patty's day outfit was pretty legendary.

We had a great weekend with our college friends!  Here are the highlights:

Children's Museum: Me and Cal with Angie and Reese
Callie playing with Baby Drake

They have a mutual love of trains

Swimming at the hotel!

Iowans must visit Ikea when in Minnesota


Callie introducing Reese to the wonder that is Choo Choo Bob's
It was great to hang out and watch our children play.  It is hilarious to think about how different our time spent together is now than when they came up to the cities before all the children.  So thanks Montgomery family, for making the trip up north!

Hamsie is 22 weeks along and this weekend I developed my first bad cold of this pregnancy.  I've said it may times before, but I'm a total nightmare when I have a cold NOT pregnant.  Now, when I don't have my nasal spray to use, it is not a pretty sight.  And Callie still has snot coming out of her nose at a record pace.  Chris has been stuffy too, but much easier to deal with than either of us.
For example...about every other minute Callie yells, "My nose is running!" or "Nosey! Nosey! Nosey!" or just lets gross yellowish snot hang out of her nose.  And at the same time, I am either sniffing, blowing my nose, or groaning because I'm miserable.  And my ears are all plugged up so I can't really hear anything either and make Chris repeat pretty much every thing he says to me.

Fun times for all!

The other fun pregnancy-related things going on with me include: feeling gigantic, a little bit of insomnia, swollen feet and fingers, and a belly button that is making the transition from innie to outie.  But I'll take it.  Hamsie is growing and healthy.  I really am feeling good besides this cold set-back and the minor irritations listed above, and am feeling lots of little baby kicks and jabs.  Plus, Callie loves to rub and kiss my big belly which is pretty much my most favorite thing ever.

There is one more week until spring break and it is a crazy one...lots of birthday celebrations in between two nights of conferences all leading up to 10 days off!  Minnesota weather is TERRIBLE right now and I'm so ready for warm weather.  I'm trying to forget that fact that at this time last year I was able to write a post about spring.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment