I have two QOTDs that are not really related but kind of.
First off, lately Callie gets SUPER DUPER MAD when people laugh, no matter what they are laughing at. She always thinks that people are laughing at her, even when they clearly are not.
When someone in her vicinity laughs, the diva attitude comes out.
Callie: (with a VERY angry face and voice) STOP LAUGHING AT ME. I don't like it when you laugh at me! (and then tears usually follow)
It is getting ridiculous but every time it happens we calmly explain that it is okay for people to laugh, and that if people are laughing at her it is only because she is so cute. So far it hasn't made much of an impact, but hopefully it will sink in soon and we can resume laughter in our house.
Secondly, Callie has become accustomed to shortening some names when talking about animals or people. For example, Kona has become "Kones", Lami has become "Lams", and now she has started saying "Hams" for Hamsie.
It was all well and good until today, when she was talking to her stuffed animals.
When trying to bring Boo-Boo Bear over to us today, she tripped over something and fell.
Callie: (taking to Boo-Boo) Whoa, Boobs! I just fell down!
I had to completely hide my face and laugh in silence and Chris managed stayed very calm and stone faced. I don't think she suspected that we were laughing at her.
But every time I think about it I can't stop giggling. So now I'm just waiting to get yelled at by my own toddler.
No comments:
Post a Comment