As I blogged earlier, our time at du Nord was fabulous. We had an equally fun time in Duluth for our friends' wedding. Chris and Dan were both in the wedding and we got to hang out with friends we don't see often, as well as reconnect with good friends we lost touch with and hadn't seen for a couple of years! So it was great. Here are a few pics:
Rehearsal dinner
A perfect day!
Family picture
A double rainbow during the reception- beautiful!
Hanging out with Uncle Dan
The guys looking sharp
The ladies
Callie fell asleep and let us stay at the reception until 10:45pm!
This week also marked an ending and some new beginnings.
Some background information: The past month I have really only nursed Callie once or twice a day. Not because I wanted to wean her, but because she is way too interested in what is going on in the world. I was really only able to get her to nurse early in the morning when she was still groggy. Basically, she has NO time for having to be held like a baby facing me in order to eat. She'd much rather sit up and face the world. She also has discovered biting with her lovely little bottom teeth. After my yelps of "ouch" (which Callie finds hilarious), she looks up at me and just giggles. Little stinker.
So I think this past Wednesday morning at 6am was our last nursing session together.
Thankfully, she was able to redeem herself by starting to do a few new things. This week she really started reaching for me...both from the floor or other places that she is sitting, and from other people. She is becoming a total Mommy's girl. I know that stranger anxiety will soon follow, but right now, I am LOVING the fact that she reaches for me on her own because she knows I'm her Mama.
And as of today, she can now say "ma-ma-ma-ma". Yay! I've been working on it all summer and usually our conversation goes like this:
Me: Callie can you say mama? MA-MA???
Callie: Da-da-da-da-da
Me: No. Not Dada. MAMA. MA-MA-MA-MA.
Callie: Da-da-di-di-da-da.
And so on.
But this morning, I got my "Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma" and she's been saying it ever since.
What Baby Learned on Summer Vacation from Baby Goose on Vimeo.
All of this comes at the end of the most wonderful summer vacation I've ever had. On our drive back from Duluth I started feeling really sorry for myself. I was sitting in the back listening to my silly baby babble and blow spit bubbles and being all around adorable. And I felt my heart breaking thinking about going back to work in a week...going back to the crazy stress of 8-5 workdays. But I know that I need to have a serious attitude check because I am amazingly lucky. I'm amazingly lucky because:
1) I have a happy, beautiful and healthy baby to come home to every night (and a wonderful husband too!).
2) I have a job that allows for summers off, winter and spring breaks, random days off throughout the year, and flexibility for other time off I need to take. I am also fortunate to work with wonderful people who I consider dear friends and are a wonderful support system.
3) Callie gets to spend her days away from me with the best possible people she could spend them with. Our same daycare schedule with the Grandparents we had in the spring is continuing and we're so blessed.
4) I had a wonderful summer with the best baby in the world. I have lots of pictures and memories to cherish. And I am so thankful.
As I was typing this, Callie was on the floor with Chris saying "Ma-ma-ma-ma" and Chris said "Um, Daddy?" to which she had no response.
Hahahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment