Blog Post by Kati:
Close. So close. It is getting to the point now where when I see people who I see somewhat regularly, it is a definite possibility that I won't see them again until after Baby Goose arrives. So saying goodbye is always a little strange. I had a chiropractor appointment yesterday and as I was leaving she said "Next time I see you you'll be two independent people!" I love it! :) And it is so weird at the same time!
My doctor's appointment was long but good on Friday. My doctor checked the baby's heart rate with her little wand and was doing it for longer than normal. Then she said that she wanted to hook me up to the big baby heart rate monitor for awhile because the baby's heart rate seemed lower than what it should be. She told me not to worry but of course I was freaking out a little bit. The nurse rolled in this big machine thing that looked like it was from the '80s and put a couple of straps around my stomach. I was in charge of holding the sensor that picked up the heart beat and holding a button that I had to push every time I felt Baby Goose move. And then I just had to lay there and watch the little markers mark the heart rate paper and make sure the sensor stayed in the right spot and concentrate on if she moved or not so I could push the button all for 20 minutes or so. It was actually very cool because I could hear the heart beat and watch the movement on the heart rate paper that said where her heart rate was. It got to the point where I could almost predict when she was going to move because her heart rate would speed up a little and I could see it! Anyway, after a long 20 minutes my doctor came back, looked at the long heart rate monitor paper and declared that everything looked absolutely perfect. Whew! But I wasn't done yet- still had to go to the lab and get my blood drawn to test my hemoglobin. So I was at the doctor for over 2 hours, but am so thankful that everything is great!
I'm pretty sure that Baby Goose is dropping lower, slowly but surely. I feel more pressure on my bladder and in my hips and pelvic area. Sleeping is getting more painful and it is no longer comfortable to be on my back for any amount of time (I used to be able to lay there for a couple of minutes before switching sides and feel some relief, but no longer!). And I am now needing more mental and physical preparation to get up from chairs or do any other moving around that requires larger movements. All of this is a GREAT sign to me, because it tells me that she's staring her slow descent into the world. Come on out early, Baby Goose! We're ready for you! We can't wait to meet you! :)
Sounds like a text book pregnancy. As far as having the baby, I am sticking to my prediction date and time. I already have the sex wrong, but I am still in the running for the date and time. Even though you don't want to wait this long... my prediction was December 22nd. You can do it!!
ReplyDelete