Monday, July 27, 2020

In Training and Unlearning Weeks 6, 7 & 8

Happy Monday!  

I officially completed my 6.2 mile race this morning. 



Hooray! My training has ended (for now- though not my unlearning), and I have decided to donate the last $50 to Beacon Interfaith Housing.  It is an organization that our church supports, and it is the organization that my family volunteered with this past Christmas season.  

From their website: 
For Beacon, we don’t just see it: we’re creating it. We look at the full picture. A community where every person has a place to call their own that they can afford. A community that makes sure resources and caring advocates are right there as people seek stability and next steps. A community where families have neighbors to walk with them when they lose their home. A community where people of faith raise their voices to challenge injustices and shape systems that work for everyone.

I have been thinking about the upcoming change of seasons with so much angst and anxiety...thinking about going back to work (whatever that may look like) and the girls going back to school (whatever that may look like) is stressful.  And I'm a person who has so much privilege.  The idea of having to worry about finances, housing, food, etc. on top of the health and safety of my family would be so overwhelming.  

I'm grateful to organizations like Beacon for doing the difficult work to make our communities better and safer for everyone.


To wrap up, here's a link to each of the resources I found and donated a combined total of $145.85 to:

Week 2: Migizi
Week 5: Fair Fight
Thanks for coming along on this journey with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment