Friday, June 14, 2019

A Picture Update: Summer Week 1

The first week of summer 2019 is in the books!  Oy vey.  It is going to go so fast!  BUT.  I'm working on being in the moment and soaking it all in.

This week was exciting, because Callie started the first week of her Summer Theater camp.  It is every morning for 5 weeks, culminating in three performances of an updated version of "Alice in Wonderland" called "Alice@Wonderland." The camp is for kids in grades 3-8, so we had to have some conversations before it started about how she'll be one of the younger ones, and to manage expectations about what part she will get, etc.




She "auditioned" and got the part of Violet- a laughing flower, as well as a dance role as a Wonderland Spirit. She'll also be a part of the chorus, will get to help paint and build sets, costumes, etc.  It is going to be an awesome experience!

While she was at her first day of camp on Monday, Maya headed to Boom's house to hang out with Boom, Lucy and Iris.





Later that evening we took a walk and celebrated the first week of summer. Maya wore her helmet "because I'm as fast as a cheetah so I need my helmet in case I fall down."



I have gone for a run every morning this week around 6am because it is lovely outside then.  On Tuesday, I snapped this gem of a photo. Luna likes running with me, and I like tiring her out right away in the morning.



While Cal was at theater camp on Tuesday, Maya and I got some good one-on-one time in.  We played with Luna, did legos, played outside, and cooked.  And she did it all wearing a super fancy Christmas dress.



On Wednesday afternoon we headed downtown!  Boom and Lucy were matching.  We played in the park and had a snack on the deck. Those girls love each other so much!







On Thursday morning Maya and I walked to the library and read books outside.



Then we had to wait nearly 2 HOURS for an oil change, but the girls were troopers.



It is dance recital weekend, which means we had the dress rehearsal yesterday afternoon.  It's going to be something!  Videos to come...



I ordered the girls each a new (highly clearanced) desk for their rooms.  They came last night and Chris was able to get them put together right before bed.  The first thing they did this morning was organize and get started on all their art and writing projects.  Callie told me earlier that we had to go to the Dollar Store to get pens and notebooks "because I have SO many stories I need to write!"  So now she has a great space to do so.  And Maya loves writing now too, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of great reading material this summer.



Today we went to see Aladdin with Boom, and then out to lunch!


So the dance recitals is on Saturday. It is going to be something else! Here are the professional dance pictures that were taken about a month ago.



That’s about it! Click here for some videos from the week. And have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment