This girl is the biggest, sweetest, sassiest goofball you'll ever meet. She has grown up so much in 4 years, I just can't believe it.
Happy birthday to my little Love Bug!!
I'll get back to the birthday festivities in a minute, but first the rest of the weekend. We got to see Boom and Lucy on Friday!!
And as you can see, we all wore our tie-dye shirts that we made up north! Lucy looks a little concerned, being surrounded by all that tie-dye.
Yesterday I went on my last long run before my half marathon (which is this Saturday). It was hot and terrible. I hope that means next weekend will go fine. But I cooled off in our kiddie pool when I was done.
We went to the Suurmeyer's for dinner to see all the 2nd generation Suurmeyer/Henderson kids together! Nathan and Meina were in town with their 6-month-old George. He and Lucy met, and the grandma's took turns holding each other's grandbabies.
Then there was obviously some Lucy time, and a little celebration for Maya too!
The birthday song and everything.
She was a little demure during it, but better than her sister at 4. I believe Callie had to be out of sight under a table to even consider letting us do the birthday song.
This morning Maya woke up to some streamers and balloons on her bedroom door, and of course, presents!
We met the Helds at Chutes and Ladders park for the morning and had so much fun playing, climbing, and running through the misters.
After a long quiet time at home, we headed out to one of our favorite spots- Centennial Lakes! G-ma, Pa, Aunie Cat, Boom and Hanna met us there for fishing, paddle boat rides, dinner and opening presents.
I'll leave you with a quick story and a couple pictures. When we were shopping for Maya's birthday treats today I walked past the Coke display at Lund's. I don't know what made me take a second look at it, but when I did, I saw this Diet Coke. And I had to buy it.
I'll end this post with a picture of my dad- Bops- holding his second granddaughter Maya, 4 years ago today.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend, and thanks for all of the birthday love for our little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment