But more on that later.
First up: yesterday. My race. I made it. My time was 2:17:08. And that included a complete wipeout at mile 7 and a stop for medical treatment on my bloody elbow. I have scrapes and bruises today to show for it.
But I felt good about my run overall, and despite the fall it was much less painful than I was expecting. I had some awesome supporters too.
When we got home, Callie must have felt sorry for me. She picked a flower and made me a card.
After lots of Advil and napping, we headed back to Lake Nokomis to hang out with Uncle Joe, Boom, Auntie Yoda, Uncle Craigles, Lucy, and Craig's brother Brian.
This morning was the Baptism.
We had a lovely lunch at the condo after the service. There was a wonderful group of friends and family who came for the special occasion.
And some good family time!
The girls helped Lucy open some presents.
Mary made Lucy's dress. It was made out of the fabric from the shirt my dad wore for Laura and Craig's wedding. It turned out so beautifully and will be a treasured family heirloom.
All in all, it was a lovely special day.
No comments:
Post a Comment