9:30am: Remember when I said it was nice to have a long weekend? I have spent the last 1.5 hours battling my 7-year-old about cleaning her room. It's been very dramatic and she has considered calling the orphanage to see if they have vacancies. Apparently kids are only ever supposed to do fun things and adults are the ones who have to do the non-fun stuff.
We started with Maya's room and got it cleaned and rearranged a little. Here's are before (top) and after (bottom) photos.
Maybe by the end of the day I'll be able to share Callie's room transformation.
As for the rest of the weekend...on Saturday we hung out downtown with Boom. We went to the market and walked the bridge. And puzzles.
Later in the afternoon we played with bubbles and Auntie Cat came over. Callie got to sleep over at her house on Saturday night.
And while Callie was away, her sister did play. On her own. And loved it, but only a little.
On Sunday morning I went for a 6 mile run. I didn't want to do it, but I did, was was rewarded by sunrays and lilacs and red lights and Gatorade and my "Nevertheless She Persisted" shirt and 10,000 steps before 7:30am.
Later that morning I went to see my friend Libby's baby Max. He was born on my birthday!
Back to today, 9:43am: The future other lawyer of the family is still arguing with me about room cleaning. I may be losing my mind a little bit.
Anyway.
Yesterday afternoon Auntie Yoda and Baby Lucy came over!!
Yesterday afternoon Auntie Yoda and Baby Lucy came over!!
| My face is because Laura was taking the picture and trying to get the girls to smile nicely. They were too enamored with Lucy to do any kind of listening. |
And this is my new favorite picture! Eeeeek! Those smiling faces!!!!!
Later, G-ma and Pa took the girls to a park.
And Mari and I went to the Lynx game.
We had crazy weather last night. There were beautiful clouds when I was driving home that soon turned into a downpour and hail. And after that, the clouds behind our house were reddish.
Back to today, 9:51 am: She claims to be ready for me to vacuum. We shall see. I will report back later.
Today, 7:20 pm: All the things on the floor had been shoved under her bed so it took some more time and more whining but we all prevailed and her room got vacuumed and rearranged (the before photo on top is totally embarrassing...her room gets SO messy) by about 10:30 am.
So back to the rest of today. We finally planted some flowers in our pots!
And Maya was very proud about the fact that she matched Baby Elliott.
We ended the day over at Auntie Cat's house to see her, G-ma, Pa and Hanna (Uncle Dan had to work). We had so much fun playing outside!
And we did a slo-mo video of our game with the big frisbee.
It is now 7:41 pm and we are listening to Maya antics on the monitor while she is supposed to be in bed.
These girls surely do keep us on our toes. Now does anyone want to place bets for how long the rooms will stay clean?!?!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment