Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Timehop Tuesday

Hey all!

I thought I'd do something kind of fun this week for Timehop Tuesday.  I looked back at at the blog at July 2012...the time that Callie was about 31-months-old.  I thought I'd post the link to a funny blog post from that time, which is all about bedtime shennanigans.  You can find it by clicking right here!

If I compare that experience to what we do now with Maya, I have a couple thoughts.

1) Bedtime is at 7:00, despite the fact that we know she babbles to herself for awhile.

2) She gets 2 books, a sip of water, and a couple of songs from me, and then a quick goodnight kiss from Chris.  That's it.

3) We don't turn on the monitor until at least 8:00.  We figure if she is doing blood curdling screaming, we'll hear her just fine without the monitor.  And if she isn't doing that, then we don't really care what she is doing up there because eventually she falls asleep. :)

So...I can safely say that parenting the 2nd time around has made us much more low key.  For better or worse, she doesn't hold the same power over us that her big sister did.  Poor 2nd child.

On to my Timehop pictures:

Bath time Callie.



Young and Old Kona on the couch:


31-Month-Old Trouble Makers:


No comments:

Post a Comment