We have a repeat performance this year.
And, just for full effect, here are is my first Throwback:
Last year during the Christmas Eve service, we got to be the Holy Family. Chris and I dressed up as Mary and Joseph, and Maya was Baby Jesus. This year, I spent most of the service wrangling a CRAZY toddler. We were able to stay in the pew only minutes at a time before she would take off running up the aisle. So I had to chase her, we'd do a lap outside the sanctuary, and then come back for another couple minutes before she'd do it again. There were lots of "she is so adorable" murmurs as we
On one of our last laps, we passed this year's Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus in the back before they had to walk down the aisle to the front of the church. As we sped by them (me frantically chasing a wobbly 17-month-old) I casually said, "She was Baby Jesus last year!" They said something like "Oh, how sweet..." I may have noticed a glimmer of terror in their eyes, but it was probably just nerves about whether or not their sweet baby would lie quietly in the manger, and not them fast forwarding a year in their heads and imagining their exhaustion after the Christmas Eve service of 2015.
Right?!?!
Anyway, as I look at these pictures, I think back to our very first Christmas as parents. Our baby was 2-3 days old. We were exhausted. I could still barely sit down. But the joy and happiness that babies (and now children) bring to our holidays is beyond measure.
We sincerely hope you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas.



No comments:
Post a Comment