Today was the 2nd year in a row I have been able to spend the morning at preschool for Callie's birthday celebration. (See this post for last year's pictures).
First, she got to be STAR OF THE DAY, which is totally a big deal. She got a birthday ribbon, got to pick out of a prize box, AND she got to ring the clean-up bell, choose songs to sing, help with calendar, be line leader, etc.
| A little shy at first... |
| ...but over it quickly to help Mrs. Amy with the calendar. |
During play time I got to lead the Gingerbread House craft. All the kids got the chance to put a few candies on the house. Callie and a couple other little girls helped a lot. It turned out awesome, if I do say so myself.
Then it was snack time (we brought fruit snacks for the class) and Callie got to blow out candles on a fake cake. She even let them sing "Happy Birthday" without any weirdness. It was amazing.
Her next job was to be line leader on the way to the gym. Once there, she helped lead her class in laps around the gym and other exercises. Adorable.
The morning ended with talking about the Christmas story, singing some songs and decorating a class Christmas tree. Callie got to put the first ornament on.
I was so proud of her all morning, and I could tell she was so proud that I was there with her. It was really special for both of us.
And now I'm all teary and sappy. I just can't believe that in one short week my baby will be 5.

No comments:
Post a Comment