My first throwback is the girls in an adorable purple jumper.
And lastly, a picture with the girls and "Teddy"
Here is the story of Teddy, which I shared at my Grandma's memorial service on Tuesday.
When I think about Grandma, I think about her love for musical toys and decorations. If you visited her house during the Christmas season, you saw a variety of dancing snowmen and colorful blinking Christmas trees. Throughout our years growing up, the three of us received a number of interesting gifts from our grandparents that Grandma seemed to enjoy even more than we did. My favorite memory of her, though, came when my oldest daughter was about two years old. During one of our visits with Grandma, she pulled out this bear, Teddy, to give to Callie.
Teddy looks like a typical kids toy, and of course, it sings a couple of painfully off-key songs. But the great thing about Teddy is how Grandma acquired it. She told me the story of how she found a catalog that was in one of her many piles (which is another thing I think about when I think about Grandma, because I DEFINITELY inherited her affinity for piles). Anyway, she found a catalog that was who-knows-how-old and flipped through it and found this bear. She said she HAD to get the bear for Callie. She called up and ordered it immediately, just handing over her credit card information, not even knowing how much it cost. She just thought it was too cute to pass up.
I'm happy to say that both Callie and her younger sister Maya have enjoyed many play times with Teddy, and Callie knows that it was Great-Grandma Gi-Gi who gave it to her.


No comments:
Post a Comment