Saturday, September 6, 2014

I'm a Dance Mom

Today was Callie's first ballet class.  If you remember, a couple weeks ago I took her for registration at the studio that I took dance at for 14 years.  I started there TWENTY-EIGHT years ago with Ms. Connie and spent the following FOURTEEN years taking weekly lessons from her.  I was also an assistant teacher for a couple of years, helping out younger classes.

Pre-K ballet in 1986....Senior recital in 2000
So needless to say I was very excited for Callie to start her lessons.

It was so adorable- just what I was expecting.  They did some stretching and Connie went over the "Mouser-cize" warm-up (a Mickey Mouse version of jazzercise) that they were going to do (the same one that I remember from when I was 4).  It was a lot of marching and skipping and bouncing and wiggling.


I took a short video of the marching, but then as you'll see, Callie noticed that I was taking video and stopped marching. 


IMG 1982 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Then there was time at the barre- plies and releves.


I mean...I couldn't handle how adorable it was.


IMG 1989 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

They got to do mat time at the end and work on somersaults and cartwheels, but I didn't take pictures for fear Callie wouldn't participate.  She did participate and did great.  I was very proud of her.

At the end of class she got a gummy bear and gave Connie a kiss on the cheek.  When we got home she was SO excited about ballet that she was jumping around the yard.


It is going to be a fun year in dance class!

No comments:

Post a Comment