We made it through the week. Whew. That is all I can say about that.
Callie is into two new things now-
telling jokes (which is totally confusing since we have spent most of the past 2 years NOT laughing at her due to her laughter sensitivity) and having me tell stories in the car. She's say, "MOM! Tell me a story!" and I'll say, "OK. What do you want it to be about?" and she'll say "Um...a princess...and a MEAN FROG." There is always something either mean or scary in her story, and I, of course, tell the story so that said mean/scary thing has a change of heart by the end so it is no longer mean and/or scary. I don't think she likes that very much, but I'm trying to incorporate some social skills instruction into this time. That may be the special ed. teacher in me. Ha. Anyway, it is fun the first few times but at the 5th "MOM, tell me ANOTHER ONE!", my brain starts shutting down and the stories get totally lame. Thankfully she doesn't seem to notice.
Maya is cruising along sleeping 12 straight hours at night. Seriously. I can't believe it. There are a few times when she'll wake up and fuss a little but we just leave her and she falls back asleep. This can't last, right? So I'm just waiting for the bad sleeping patterns to start again. Other than that, she still loves to eat ANYTHING we put in front of her, and she LOVES Kona. She still doesn't seem to have very much interest in moving on her own, which is just fine with us at this point. She is very content to sit and play with toys. Though during the week days, when we're all back home after the day, she mostly wants to be in my arms.
On to the pictures...
 |
| Favorite Thing #1: Hanging out with Boom |
 |
| Favorite Thing #2: One of our favorite shows is back...Dancing with the Stars! |
 |
Favorite Thing #3: When my mom was visiting her mom, my Grammy, last week in Colorado, she came across journals that Grammy had written for me, Laura and Mari.
Mari and I realized that Grammy had taped thank you notes into our respective journals
that happen to relate to each other. Apparently I liked to correct spelling, even way back
in 1995. Once a teacher, always a teacher. |
 |
| Favorite Thing #4: Hanging out with Pa |
 |
Favorite Thing #5: What to hold on to when trying to fall asleep?
How about Mom's FACE. |
 |
| Favorite Thing #6: Hanging out with G-ma |
 |
| Favorite Thing #7: Dinner at Nana and Papa's house |
 |
| Favorite Thing #8: Friday at Boom's house |
 |
| Favorite Thing #9: Two peas in a pod |
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment