Friday, June 15, 2012

While Mommy's Away...

...a lot of people do a lot of WORK!!!

I've started to go through pictures from my trip and will work on a post to share those with you later.  But what I want to focus on today is the amazing help we received while I was gone.

This week showed that it truly takes a village to raise a child.  I love our village. ;)

Callie spent time with Boom, Bops, Laura and Mari on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  They were in and out depending on their schedules, and Callie was surrounded by love no matter who she was with.  And I got updates throughout so I knew a little of what was going on.

Some highlights from her time with the Henderson side...

An email from Laura:
Hey! I was eating lunch with Cal and she made some comment about where mommy was. I said , "you know where she is!" And Cal said - Mexico with Adrea! Then we talked about how it would be a few days and she said something like "mommy will come back later to see me. I love mommy." It was cute :-)

Morning Mommy!
Hola Mommy!  Te amo!

Callie ended up spending the night at the Gosselin's most of the time I was gone because of all the work that was being done in our bathroom.  Chris' cousin Andrew was also staying there (and helping Mary with our yard- FANTASTIC!), so she got to hang out with him a lot.  And then she of course spent a lot of fun quality time with G-ma and Auntie Cat.  G-pa and Chris spent a lot of quality time working on our bathroom and it is looking AMAZING.  That (and our yard) will definitely be worth their own post when they are done.

Here are some highlights from her time with the Gosselin side...

Dinner with Andrew!

Bubbles with Auntie Cat

Badmiton with Andrew
Message from G-ma:
Hi Kati-Callie has been a really good girl but I know she was thinking about you because everything we would say she would add "And Mommy too!"  Hope yr week was fun.

There were many more pictures and messages, and I'm so thankful that I was able to stay connected to home while taking breaks from the sun. :)

So stay tuned for a beach post and a new bathroom/yard post sometime this weekend.  Didn't get in til about 12:30am so I'm running low on energy.  But the BEST feeling in the world was waking up to a babbling toddler at 6:45am, running to her room, and having her pop up to give me the most gigantic hug.

It is good to be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment