Friday, June 22, 2012

30-Months-Old: Mommy gets Schooled

My first full week as full-time summer Mommy is almost done. LOVE IT.  Well, mostly.  Read on.

Just in time for all of us to be in the "30s club!"  (Though 30 months sounds WAY better than 30 years...ha!)

Callie had I have had a super fun week, and had an especially fun morning today.  I was so excited to come home and blog about it.

And then the nap time battle happened.

And happened.  And happened.  And kept happening. And happened some more.  An hour plus of a (now officially) 2-and-a-half year old SCREAMING- babbling-screaming in a weird non-real-word yelling type of way.  Screaming for her stuffed seal Heena, then screaming even louder "NO HEENA NO HEENA" when I brought it to her.  Etc.  Etc.  Etc.

So, let's be real for a second.  Two-year-olds are so awesome and so fun.  But they can also be as frustrating and maddening as they are awesome and fun.

I'm learning as I go, even though (once again) my teacher brain pops up and tells me I should know how to handle this.  My teacher brain seems to gape at me saying, How is it than you can handle a small group of hyperactive 8-year-olds, but ONE toddler (YOUR toddler) is giving you a run for your money???

I have to keep reminding myself to not be too hard on myself.  Today, I definitely need more reminders.

But enough of my wallowing.  I want to show you how much fun we have been having!

First up is our adventure to the MOA today.  We rode lots of rides and went to Sea Life Aquarium.

Carousel
Silly faces!
Chillin' with Diego


Diego's bus

New turtle named "Tutti" from Sea Life Aquarium for the big 30-month-old.
We kept ourselves pretty darn busy the rest of the week too.

Tuesday- Mill City Museum w/ Boom

Tuesday night- Swimming lessons!
Wednesday- Making rice and beans

Thursday- Getting ready for our playdate

Playdate- Casey, Ciri and Gianni came over!


Thursday- Beautiful day for swinging at the park
 Looking over these pictures is making me feel much better. 

As does knowing we have a fun weekend ahead!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the nap battles....it makes head hurt just thinking about it. And now it's not even like "mama needs an hour to herself" it's like "if you don't sleep, I don't sleep, and this not going to be a pretty afternoon for us." it's like he doesn't care I'm growing him a sibling or something?!?!

    ReplyDelete