Thursday, December 30, 2010

MORE?

This past week has been a big one for Callie in terms of big people food- she is now showing interest, actually consuming it, and communicating her wants and needs.

Here is where we were at about a week ago: Eating baby food, cheerios, and not listening to me at all when I was trying to get her to sign "More".

More?...Take 1 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.



Fast forward to today. Her meals consisted of the following:

Breakfast- Milk (sort of- we're still working on that one), cottage cheese, apples, cheerios

Lunch- Milk (see above about milk!), mac and cheese, cheese and ham slices, wheat cracker, apples

Snacks- Yogurt, Gerber cheese munchies (her favorite!)

Dinner- Half Water/Half Juice, crackers and peanut butter, cous cous

And, she finally learned "More"!

More- Take 2 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.



It's not the exact sign for "More" but she's at the point now where she claps her hands a couple of times to indicate that she wants more, so it is good enough for me!

The tricky part is going to be totally ditching the bottles. She still has bottles right away in the morning, before naps and bed time...though the bottles are half formula and half milk. I think I'm going to have as hard of a time as she is phasing them out and moving to just sippy cups because it means the baby days really are behind us.

But we're having SO MUCH FUN with her right now, I'm very excited for what lies ahead of us!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I've been working on "food," "please," and "more" with Harper, but he has yet to show any interest.

    ReplyDelete