Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mickey Cake

We went out for a family dinner tonight to a great local place and decided to order something for Callie off the kids menu (for the first time!). We went with the "Mickey Cake." I figured it was a pancake and I assumed that "Mickey" was code for "little" since it was $2.95.

I was mistaken.



After taking all the fun stuff off and ripping it up into little pieces, this is about the only bite Punkin Head ate.



We got the rest of it boxed up so I guess I have breakfast for tomorrow!

I thought that a pancake was our best bet to get her to eat something since a certain almost-1-year-old is still only rockin' 2 bottom teeth. She's been eating less the past few days though, which I hope is because of teething. But because she has been eating less during the day, she wakes up in the middle of the night hungry. So, after being spoiled for months with having a baby who sleeps from 8:00pm to 6:00am, we're taking a step back and doing the 1am feeding again. Hopefully it won't last too long, because I had forgotten what it was like to groggily make my way to the nursery to feed her...and while I love the extra 15 minutes of time I get to spend with her, I wouldn't consider it quality time. :)

And now to gloat- in exactly a week from tonight, I'll be officially on a 17 day break and busily getting ready to head to Philly with Callie, Mary and Cathleen. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment