Monday, November 29, 2010

Epic Failure...okay...Success

I guess I'll start by saying Chris just left with Callie to drive around in hopes that she falls asleep. It is 6:15, she's about 2 hours behind her afternoon nap schedule, and we've turned into THOSE parents. The ones who have to resort to other people's tricks because we've exhausted all of our own.

After nap attempt #1 (5:00 or so) we thought we could just forgo the afternoon nap time and shoot for an early bed time. So we took her out of the crib after 20 minutes of blood curdling screaming, standing up in the crib, and no end in sight.

We brought her back downstairs and, after quiet time reading a book with Daddy, the utterly ridiculous crabbiness began again which signaled that nap time was seriously necessary.

So, to make a long story short, another 20 minutes of bloodcurdling screaming, standing up in the crib, and no end in sight, Chris is now driving around hoping for nap time victory.

But even if she falls asleep in the car, it still feels like an epic failure. And hoping it isn't the start of a new phase (I have a sinking feeling it is because we had 2 nap battles yesterday, though they were more successful).

It may be teething too, who knows. She's been holding steady with two teeth for like 6 months now. The others have GOT to be popping through sometime, right?

Regardless, all I know is I just need to focus on this silly scrunchy face...


...and remember how amazingly blessed we are...naughty napper and all!


****Update**** It is 6:45 and the car ride worked. Baby is sleeping peacefully in Daddy's arms, snowsuit and all.

I guess I shouldn't be so judgmental about using other people's tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment