So Callie and I are heading to Chicago for the weekend to visit my (NEWLY SWORN IN AND OFFICIAL LAWYER!) sister Laura. I'm EXTREMELY excited about a sister weekend (minus the youngest...sad) but I'm also a little ANXIOUS about flying with Callie by myself. Chris is dropping us off and helping get the pack-n-play checked, and Laura is picking us up at the airport in Chicago, so really it should just be a few hours of actual solo parenting in an intense situation. And by intense I mean keeping a 10-month-old entertained by holding her down in a very narrow airplane seat. Thank God it isn't a longer flight! I'm sure it will all be fine since she is an awesome baby and so used to being carted around to different places. But, alas, I am my mother's daughter and therefore a worrier. :)
Anyway, Laura is ready for us as evidenced by the picture she posted on Facebook yesterday:

And I am ready to pack the lightest I have ever packed for a trip EVER. Seriously. I'm hoping to fit all of our stuff into our new backpack/diaper bag:

We'll see how that goes! But anyway, send Happy Baby thoughts at about 3:30 tomorrow. :)
In my experience, if you don't worry that is when chaos ensues. So the fact that you are so worried about your trip, you should be good to go. My advice? SNACKS! Stuffing food in their mouths almost always works.
ReplyDelete