Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Part II

I think we have spent maybe an hour a day at home besides sleeping the past couple of days. It has been fun!

Yesterday we went to church and my parents played a couple duets during the service. My Mom plays regularly, but it has been YEARS since my Dad has pulled out his clarinet, so it was a treat!



Yes, I pulled out my camera in church. :)

At the end of one of their pieces Callie sneezed in excitement about hearing MorMor and Bops playing together.

Then we went back to the condo and played with Great-Grandma (and Kona and Daddy)!





Later Callie and Charlie got to hang out:



Today we went to the fair! Callie wasn't as photogenic as she usually is, so some pictures aren't too great. But here are a couple cute ones:




This afternoon we went over to Nana and Papa's house and had a nice visit and played cards. Tonight we had a small group BBQ.

Now we're home and I'm contemplating the number of calories I have eaten today. And this weekend. And the past two weeks. And the past month. I know that earlier I said that September 1st was the day I was starting my calorie counting thing, but I delayed it until the first day of school because of things like 2 weeks of teacher training (long lunches!), the state fair (foot-long corn dogs, etc) and labor day weekend (BBQs).

So here I am, school starts tomorrow, and I'm READY to be good again. August brought the end of running AND breastfeeding. That was a double whammy of calories NOT being burned. And a LOT of food still consumed.

So ADIOS ten-pounds-of-summer, give me a few months and you'll be G-O-N-E GONE. I hope. :)

Finally, a couple of cute videos from the weekend.

Standing from Baby Goose on Vimeo.



Friend in the Mirror from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment