Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where'd the baby go?

This summer is flying by and I'm getting a little sappy. But I have noticed that somehow we don't really have a little baby anymore; we have a big girl! She seems to grow up every second and it is thrilling and a little sad at the same time.

Gone are the days that she would lay in your arms and sleep like this:



She'd much rather be on her own and active like this:



Gone are the days where 1 breastfeeding session would last her 3 hours. Now she needs 1 breast feeding session, this:



And sometimes this:



Gone are the days where she'd lay in her play gym and just stare at the toys:



Now she sits up and interacts with them and so many other toys (and can wear a BOW in her hair!)



Gone are the days when she was just a little peanut in her car seat:



Now her legs are almost as long as her car seat:



Gone are the days when she'd sleep through meals at restaurants:



Now she sits in a high chair:



Gone are the days when she could barely lift her head up:



Now she's able to hold her whole body up:



There are so many other ways that she has grown and changed in the past 6 months and it has been amazing to see. All I know is that I have enjoyed every single second we've been given with her.

From this:



To this:



And I can't wait to continue to watch her grow!

1 comment:

  1. I was already sappy this morning about how big Charlie is getting and then I read this:) Now I'm crying;) I rocked him for a few extra minutes this morning because I know I won't be able to do it forever!

    It has been so fun to watch Callie grow! She is such a sweet, fun, smart little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete