Week 22 info:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

Well, I have never eaten nor heard of spaghetti squash, but apparently that is what it looks like and how long the baby is! I learned something new today. :)
Today was my first full day back to work. I had the best of intentions of getting up early and posting the week 22 stuff this morning, but as my alarm was going off at 6am I knew that wasn't going to happen. So my weekly baby growth updates will have to be posted Friday nights from now on!
I did some back-to-school maternity shopping this past week and was able to find some really great deals at Kohls, and even better deals at the consignment shop by our house. I got 3 pairs of nice work pants, a skirt, and three tops for $48! "Can't beat that" as my Grammy would say! So for those friends who have not had babies yet but will in the next few years, I've got the maternity clothes covered for you! Luckily they are making maternity clothes look like nice normal clothes. My mom and aunt Amy were talking last weekend about how ugly the maternity stuff was that they had to wear.
My sister Laura is coming home tomorrow and I haven't seen her since the 4th of July, so I'm sure I'll probably look huge to her. That will be fun. :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Spaghetti Squash is the best... you can subsitute for noodles for spaghetti. I think you would like it. I can give you some good recipes. I love the picture of your ultrasound where it looked like your baby was blowing bubbles. Too cute. The time will go by even faster now that you are back to work. Hang in there and I love reading your blogs.
ReplyDelete