She is just the best…smart, sweet, sassy, silly, and all around super.
Here’s a look back at the past ten July 23rds!
We celebrated her birthday with some of our family members yesterday, with a backyard Harry Potter Magical Taco party!
It threatened to rain at points, and did some sprinkling, so we smushed into the porch for a bit.
But thankfully it didn’t last long, and we got back out to the yard and deck for water fun and Clue!
And we had tacos for dinner, of course!
Maya opened her presents and got lots of awesome things!
Then there were cupcakes…made by Callie.
They were a hit.
Maya got Harry Potter themed gift bags for the cousins, including Harry Potter glasses. The little ones loved them.
All in all, the party was a success! After bedtime, I got all the birthday decorations ready for the actual big day.
Maya was up early (though not too early) and spent some time working on a new Lego set before presents.
Once she got Chris to wake up, she got her presents opened before 8:30am.
One of her gifts was a new set of rollerblades!
Then we went to brunch at our fave Sunday brunch spot.
Then after finishing up packing and a little more Lego time, we headed out to drop her off at church camp! We met Pa on the way for a quick birthday visit.
Can you believe that we dropped her off at camp for the week ON HER BIRTHDAY?!? Way back in February when I asked her about going to camp, I let her know that the only week it worked was this week- on her birthday. And she was cool with it, so I had to be cool with it too. 😭
We left her in the hands of her counselor around 4pm, and I’m sure she’s going to have a great week!
Meanwhile I’ll be stalking the camp Facebook page for photos all week.
All this to say, I think her 10th birthday was a success! So I’ll leave you with a Sunday Timehop. 😭😭
We have another INCREDIBLY busy week ahead…so stay tuned! One thing I’m excited about is TAPERING my training…my half marathon race is on Saturday, which means I just have three super easy runs until then!
Have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment