Friday, August 21, 2020

A Picture Update: Summer 2020 Week 11

Hello!  It is Friday!  On my last week of summer.  Sigh.  I don't think I have given a school update yet... so here goes.  Since I posted my rant-y school post in early August, a couple of things have happened.  First off, when I posted, there were really only 2 options for school: hybrid (going to school 2x/week) and fully online (a totally different school, have to commit for the year).  Then the district decided to add a third option called hybrid flex, so families could choose to start the year distance learning through their individual school (instead of through the online school) and move to the hybrid model when they were ready/comfortable.  So we decided to go for that model so the girls would start fully distant instead of hybrid.  I felt good about it, but a little bit guilty that they would be missing out on the in person stuff with teachers and peers.

THEN, this week, the district's school board voted unanimously to start everyone fully distant and NO hybrid option. So...I'm relieved. The girls were ok with distance no matter what.  They understood why we had previously decided no hybrid, but it still makes me feel better knowing that the district is taking steps to make sure everyone stays safe and healthy.

As for my school, most students will be doing distance learning, but will have the opportunity to come in to the building if they need support.  I will be working on campus 3 days a week and from home 2 days a week.  I have no idea how we are going to structure our weeks, but that is a problem for future us to solve.  At the moment, I'm going to just make it through going to work Monday-Wednesday next week with a few other staff members socially distanced and in masks and see how it goes...

Anyway, on to our week. On Monday the girls had their annual physicals, and then we enjoyed a beautifully morning/picnic lunch at Minnehaha Falls.  They even got to go into the creek for awhile.






Later we hung out at home outside, went toad hunting with the neighbors, and biked/walked to the park.



G-ma and Pa had the girls Tuesday evening through Thursday morning. So Tuesday night Chris and I went out for Mexican food and to hit some golf balls.  


The girls had so much fun on a "staycation" at G-ma and Pa's house.  They picked pumpkins at the neighbors' house, ate pancakes, went to the beach, painted rocks, and Maya even made an animal wellness center!




On Wednesday night Chris and I tried a new Indian place near our house (our favorite food by far) and I finished my puzzle!



I picked up the girls on Thursday morning, and they spent time cleaning the upstairs, and then we had a pool party, floaties and all!  Later they got in their hot pajamas for some reason, and had some crazy time (see video later).



This morning we met Jenna and the kids at the beach!  It was a gorgeous day for swimming in the lake.  


Click here for some videos from the past week!

Have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment