I took video at the rehearsal on Thursday so you can see both her dance (Bushel and a Peck) and her part of the finale (Time of My Life).
And I realized that I don’t think I ever shared the official dance pictures of both girls, so here they are!
Today we had Nana, Papa, Pa, G-Ma and Auntie Cat over for lunch and root beer floats!
Then we went downtown to see Boom and Auntie Mari (and the girls refused to smile nice for pictures with me).
And poor Auntie Mari!
Father’s Day always makes me grateful for the men in my life, and it has obviously been a bittersweet and emotionally confusing day the past few years. Today I put on my “Love ya” necklace (in my dad’s handwriting) and my “Lee” ring, as usual. Every morning when I put those pieces on, I feel like I’m arming myself with my dad’s love.
I still sometimes can’t believe that it is my story that my dad died so unexpectedly and early. But it has also taught me more about gratitude than I ever thought I needed to learn. And there is so much to be grateful for.
I’ll leave you with Maya’s preschool note about her daddy.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment