Sunday, February 12, 2017

A Picture Weekend Wrap-Up: Mexico Teaser Edition

Hey all!

So...Chris and I got to see the sun this past week.  Like real sun- in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Chris, my mom and Mari met Jim, Coco, Larry, and Mary down there last Sunday.  Josh met them there on Tuesday, and I met them there on Wednesday.  I will be doing a whole post about it later this week, but for now, here is a teaser!


It was a wonderful family vacation.  And more on that later this week.

In the meantime, the girls stayed with G-ma and Pa.  They had a great time...except for...guess what?!?!?!?!  Callie got freaking STREP THROAT while we were gone.  It included some super high fevers, a trip to minute clinic, and even some puking.  Poor G-ma and Pa.  And poor Callie.  They were all major troopers while we were (feeling guilty) laying in the sun.  But despite that setback, they had fun.


Poor Cal had to miss a day of school and a dance class. But she read a whole lotta books while she recovered.


And Maya kept them all entertained with her constant chatting and playing.


Thanks to G-ma and Pa for dealing with unexpected illness while we were away relaxing.  We really REALLY appreciate it!

When we were traveling home from Mexico last night we had a layover in Denver.  And as we were riding on the moving walkway to our gate, Chris happened to notice a pilot coming the other direction. He was our high school friend, Brent.  He is a pilot who lives in Colorado but is based in Atlanta. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?  What are the actual chances of it happening that we were at the Denver airport, on the exact same opposite moving walkway, at the same time?!?!?!  Like ZERO, so I had to take a picture.



Anyway.  We got home about 9:30pm last night, so we didn't see the girls until this morning.  They were happy to see us, and it was great to be back home with them.  We played some school this morning, and Maya was the teacher.  You will see what I mean by her chatting...holy moly.


IMG 1874 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

The girls and Chris went to Sunday School while I did PILES of laundry. And then there was a much needed grocery store run and playtime at the Wicks' before coming home to work on VALENTINE'S cards for school on Tuesday.


I hope you all had a great weekend.  After I have everyone's pictures from the trip, I will do a whole sun-filled Mexico post.

No comments:

Post a Comment