Sunday, July 17, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend went by so quickly!  And it was lovely.  And that is what I need to focus on because if I look at the news I just want to cry.  But I'm working on gratitude and living in the moment, so here's our lovely weekend.

On Saturday morning we got bagels and coffee, walked to the library, and walked home with two book worms.


On Saturday afternoon the girls went to a beach and splash pad with G-ma and Pa, and Chris and I went mini-golfing and out to dinner!


This morning I had my 10K race.  It went about as I was expecting- slower than I wanted to at 1:06.  But that's what happens when you don't train as hard as you should. I finished and ran MOST of the way, so I'm proud of that.  Chris and the girls were a great little cheering section for me at the finish line.  And I got froyo, so that was awesome.


We went to lunch in the old neighborhood and happened upon Highland Fest, so the girls did some games and bouncy things and fed some animals.


Callie did the cliff jump.  She was so brave and just walked right up there and jumped off with no hesitation!

IMG_6936 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Later on, Chris and Callie ran some errands and ended up doing some golf practice at G-ma and Pa's house. There was also some nail painting going on.


Maya "read" to me after nap time, and as you can see, she has a large goose egg on her head from running into a wall/door frame.  You may recall that she happened to get a large goose egg on her head shortly before her 2nd birthday.  Seeing as it is about 6 days before her 3rd birthday, we apparently have a not-so-good tradition starting.

IMG_6948 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

But she is just SO DARN CUTE.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment