Yesterday went about as well as it could have gone. I went for a 3 mile run really early (just at sunrise) to try and clear my head.
Then I met my mom and sisters downtown. We walked around downtown on the paths my dad often ran. We got coffee and just enjoyed being together and being in the place that reminds us so much of him.
One of the amazing things that happened on this hard day, was a gift we each got from Mary, Cathleen, and Hanna. They had asked Chris to find a card with my dad's handwriting. They had his writing of "Love you" made into a necklace for each of us.
We could tell immediately by the loops in the L that it was his writing. What a special gift.
That evening we hosted about 30 family members and family friends for a gathering. I did a terrible job of taking pictures of most people who were there. Thank you to Larry, Mary, Mark, Mariellen, Amy, Peter, Andy, Beth, Donald, Fred, Bob, Mary, Cathleen, Dan, Hanna, Julie, Kevin, Jessi, Laura, Zach, Jill, Holly, and Paul for coming and supporting me, my mom, Chris, the girls, Laura, Craig, Mari, and Josh.
We snacked and talked and ate Caps Grill pulled pork sandwiches, like my dad loved. A few people shared funny and sweet memories. We sang the Doxology together before our meal. It was truly a lovely evening.
I got a few better pictures at the end, and the sunset that night was incredibly rich in purples, pinks and oranges. The pictures we took did not do it justice.
I know I have said it many times, but I am just so dang thankful for our people. They are amazing.
Speaking of our people being amazing, Auntie Cat took the girls overnight (after doing some cleaning at our house during the day!). It was so nice to be able to both stay later at the gathering and have someone fantastic taking care of the girls. Thank you Auntie Cat (and G-ma and Pa for letting them all crash at your house)!
This morning I woke up at 5am as I usually do. I allowed myself to relax until about 6:15, and then I did a 9 mile run. It went just fine...and my half marathon training continues.
This afternoon Callie, Boom, G-ma and I all went to a family concert at Orchestra Hall. It was awesome- just about an hour long with great music and a couple of mimes to keep the kids visually stimulated while listening to the music.
![]() |
| Thanks for taking us to the concert, Boom! |
The evening was divide and conquer style for us. Chris took Callie to hit some golf balls and out to dinner. I took Maya out to dinner and then we went to Uncle Dan's on a whim to watch crazy Shambles and silly Kona play together.
Both girls got bad colds over the weekend, so that's fun. But it looks like there is going to be warmth and sun during this upcoming week, so I'll take it!







No comments:
Post a Comment