Sunday, May 8, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Mother's Day Edition!

First off, HAPPY MOTHER'S Day to Boom, G-ma, Nana and Grammy!  And all the other awesome mothers out there!

Here I am with my two little stinkers, with the best picture we could get this morning:


It suits them, though. :)

As for our weekend...yesterday started off with a very smokey 5 mile run.  It was a little creepy outside, and I found out later it was because of all the fires up north. The pictures don't do the sun justice- it looked like it was a pink/orange ball of fire.

We went to the garden store to buy some things for our pots out front.  My friends did our pots last spring, so I was a newbie this year.  I have NO idea if they will actually turn out.


Callie had dance picture day, so she got to try on her dance costume for the first time.  She will be dancing to "Hard Knock Life" from Annie at her recital in June.  She and her classmates looked pretty darn cute.



Maya napped at my mom's, so I decided to take Callie to the cemetery in the afternoon.  She was curious about it all, and ran around reading the other names on the grave markers.  It was a beautiful day there, so we spent some time driving around as well.  We brought Bops some lilacs.



We spent the rest of the day downtown while Chris went golfing.


This morning I was out for my long run at 5:45am.  The getting out of bed part is hard sometimes, but the being done with 10 miles by 7:30am part is awesome.


Boom and I went to Sunday School with Maya today, and then we all went for a picnic and play time at a park.


Callie spent the afternoon at G-ma and Pa's, and she biked with them to the garden store.


We met the rest of the crew at Auntie Cat's to celebrate Mother's Day and Pa's upcoming birthday!



Root beer floats for Pa's birthday!


Thanks for hosting, Auntie Cat!



I spent the evening with my mom and sisters. We ordered in yummy food and got Izzy's!


Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment