Happy Sunday!
We had a busy weekend...starting with MY RACE on Saturday morning! It. Was. Hot.
My last long run (8 miles, last Friday) happened in 30 degrees and snow. Yesterday was like 70s.
But it went pretty well. I started out too fast and then got too slow by the end. But I finished pretty close to my goal: 1 hour 32 minutes. It was right under a 10 minute mile pace average. So I gotta work on speed for the rest of my half marathon training.
Anyway. The race was called the Hot Chocolate 15K.
It was right downtown, so I had a good crew there to cheer me on: Boom, Chris, Callie, Maya, Auntie Yoda, and Uncle Craigles.
At the end of the race, I got a hot chocolate (that was promptly poured into the garbage with lots of other hot chocolates because SO HOT) and fondue-style chocolate with various dippers. Callie helped me eat it all.
Later on, I desperately needed a nap. Chris took the girls over to G-ma and Pa's house and they worked with G-ma outside.
That night my mom and I were going to go to a concert, but opted to get ice cream and walk around downtown instead.
We walked long enough to see the moon glow through a big tree with a huge eagle's nest in it.
After running a 9.3 mile race, and then a 45 minute walk home, and then an hour long walk that evening, I logged SO MANY STEPS.
Today Chris and I had a little time to ourselves, because Auntie Cat watched the girls. We took advantage of it by eating lunch at a new place near our house. Delicious.
Then we were responsible adults and did yard work. We clearly had a big stick problem that is now contained in one area of our yard instead of many. There were some sunrays off an on, too.
We spent some time with Auntie Cat, G-ma and Pa, and then took the girls to the park. It was just too nice out.
We ended the weekend on our bed with lots of giggles. Can't beat that.








No comments:
Post a Comment