Sunday, November 8, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

Happy Sunday!

I'll start by telling you that our 2-year-old didn't nap today. At all. She spent 2.5 hours rolling around, standing up, and playing in her crib.


I'm not sure how she wasn't exhausted, because she has a cold and hasn't slept well the past couple nights. But she was diligent in her efforts to keep herself awake.

Despite the sickness and no nap, this weekend was surprisingly pleasant. We went to the zoo yesterday morning. I tried to get a family selfie but no one in my family listens to me, husband included.

Me: Hey!  Look here for a second.  Hello?  Can we get a quick family picture?  Hello?  Anyone?
Them: (completely ignoring everything I say)

We had a fun, if not a little chilly, morning.


Auntie Cat came over during nap time and introduced us to a fun new game- Quirkle.


Then Callie and Chris went to see the new Peanuts movie. 


Maya was still pretty miserable, so we had a snuggle time watching Curious George on the iPad.
 


We kept it low key today and had some adorable sister moments. Starting with bath time.



Maya and I stayed home from Sunday school so as to not contaminate everyone, and spent most of the time playing in Callie's room. 

Then they wore the matching Puma track suits that Chris brought home from Sam's Club. And there may have been a sword fight.


Other than that we didn't do much. I attempted a run, which was brutal because I'm way out of shape now. But I saw the sun.


We somehow made it to 6:30pm without any major toddler meltdowns, so we took that as our cue for early bedtime.


It is now 6:57 as I type this and all is calm and quiet in the crib.  I don't want to jinx it, though.  So shhhhh.

I hope this ain't the beginning of a new era. We are definitely NOT ready for nap time to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment