Sunday, August 2, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up + More DuNord

Happy Sunday.

I started out the weekend working on perseverance.  I ran my 10 mile long run and made it in a pretty decent time: 1 hour 42 minutes 36 seconds.  It felt good to burn 1200 calories by 8:15am.  And I got a pretty sunray picture to boot.


But the most exciting part of the day was wedding dress shopping with Mari!  My mom, Laura, Mari, her future mother-in-law Julie and future sister-in-law Jessie all met at the bridal shop at 10:30am.  We had a lovely time watching Mari try on a number of dresses.  And YES, she found one!  Though it will not be posted here. :)


Mari and her dress are conveniently cropped out of the toast, but her arm is there.  Hooray!  She said YES to a dress!

We spent the afternoon downtown and spent some time with Missy Elliott the kitty cat.


I took the girls to the park by our house this morning.  It has been about a month since we have been there, and they both surprised me by doing things that they were too scared to do previously.  Especially Maya- she is fearless.  She loves to climb!


The girls played at G-ma and Pa's house this afternoon.


And Maya "helped" me empty the dishwasher.



IMG 9302 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

The evening ended with a stroller ride.



And now switching gears to DuNord.

The camp does a great job of having lots of different fun activities that you can choose to participate in if you want.  The girls participated in (from top row to bottom row) age group, a S'mores campfire, Callie and Hanna participated in the "Counselor Hunt", and Callie's age group even did a skit at the closing celebration!


There are obviously also beautiful outdoor spots to visit.  The first morning my mom and I did a VERY wet hike.  We had to go off trail for awhile because the trail was way to swampy.


We also did running/walking every morning on the road.


In addition to being active, I also made sure to just lay.  My favorite place to do that was Siam Point.


That's all for now.  Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment