We had a pretty typical summer week. Cal did a couple days at preschool, I worked a little, Chris worked a lot, and Maya was a trooper wherever she went.
I'm really glad that we made the decision to keep sending Callie to preschool even though I'm home a lot of the summer. At first I felt guilty about sending her and spending the extra money, but I honestly think it was the best choice we could have made for all of us. She loves it there. She plays with other kids, does fun projects, goes fun places, and keeps the same routine that we had going throughout the school year. I love having one-on-one time with Maya (and a break from the constant negotiations that come with living with a preschooler). So I'm going to give myself a big pat on the back for that smart decision. High fives all around.
Miss Maya is my squishy little love bug who is starting to develop her own opinions. It is pretty hilarious. Her personality is emerging more and more every day and I LOVE IT. She is especially entertaining when she is eating or playing with Callie or Kona. Her facial expressions are priceless. She also has developed a really good scream-squeal when she doesn't like something. So that's fun...but anyway I can't BELIEVE she will be turning 1 on Wednesday and am flabbergasted by how fast this year went.
On to the pictures...
![]() |
| Favorite Thing #1: A Mommy/Maya trip to Southdale. At one point we had the whole play area to ourselves, which was kind of awesome. |
![]() |
| Favorite Thing #2: Hanging out outside with Auntie Cat. |
![]() |
| Favorite Thing #3: The beautiful weather that allowed us to be outside more this week than any other week this summer. |
![]() |
| Favorite Thing #4: Playtime and lunch at the splash pad with my co-worker Allie and her daughter Makalya. |
![]() |
| Favorite Thing #5: Lazy days of summer. Including catching a moth and a nap UNDER the bed. |
![]() |
| Favorite Thing #6: The fact that we live on a very quiet cul-de-sac so I can send Callie across the street to scooter on her own. Yay for building independence! |
![]() |
| Favorite Thing #7: Lunch downtown with Auntie Yoda and Auntie Cat. |
![]() |
| Favorite Thing #8: Maya once again dominated sister playtime. |
![]() |
| Favorite Thing #9: Dinner with Chris' cousins Arieanna and Alex (and G-ma and G-pa). |









No comments:
Post a Comment