Happy Friday everyone! It was SUNNY and beautiful here today, after a crazy week of thunderstorms (and water in our basement...boo).
Callie had a fun week going to Vacation Bible School at church every morning. She is becoming really inquisitive. She asks really good questions that I don't really know how to answer (e.g. "Mom, how does the food get into your tummy?"). I usually ask her what she thinks because I love to hear her responses (e.g. "First you chew. And then you
(makes swallowing noise).") I also get to teach her new vocabulary words (e.g. swallow). It is fun.
Maya and I had some coffee dates, but mostly I followed her around while she crawled. And pulled up. And crawled again. She is on the move all the time and is getting more sturdy every day. She still eats like a boss, and I'll be posting more on that tomorrow. Now that she is proud of her newfound ability to move around, getting her to stay lying down to take a nap or go to sleep is more of a challenge. It takes a lot longer. Right now she has been in her bed for almost an hour and is still babbling, sitting up, playing with her passy, etc. Stinker baby.
My absolute favorite thing of this week was this afternoon- we spent it outside playing with water and enjoying the most beautiful weather. Auntie Cat came over to hang out too. There was a little bit of pool playing:
 |
| It was cold! |
...and some sprinkler action...
...and some relaxing.
 |
| Someone in our selfie group didn't get the concept of selfies. |
But the most fun part was the WATER FIGHTS. Daddy even got in on the action when he got home.
 |
| All I can say, is watch out when a 4-year-old gets ahold of the sprayer hose. |
It was the PERFECT summer afternoon. I'm smiling just thinking about it.
The rest of the favorite things are (in no particular order):
 |
| Favorite Thing #2: My blue-eyed girls |
 |
| Favorite Thing #3: Going to see the river with Boom |
 |
| Favorite Thing #4: This girl's crazy faces |
 |
Favorite Thing #5: A play date for just Mabel and Maya while their
big siblings were at VBS |
 |
| Favorite Thing #6: So many new skills |
 |
| Favorite Thing #7: On the move...all the time |
 |
| Favorite Thing #8: Dinner with Pa |
 |
| Favorite Thing #9: Goofy girls |
 |
| Favorite Thing #11: A fun week of VBS |
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment